Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Let's De Stress!

So every once in a while I get these random news letters their goal is to share knowledge for better health...

So the last one I got gave 6 Healthy tips how to have a Happier Holiday... I thought I would share.

1. Accept that you can only do so much... I could be better at this
They say setting your hopes to high can cause a let dow. So set realistic goals, keeping in mind that you can't do it ALL

2. Maintain Healthy Habits... I definitely do this
Too much food and drink, too lil sleep and lack of exercise can lead to holiday illness. I would definitely add washing hands is a MUST!!! Purell is your friend people!

3.Go with the flow... Ok I can do this
Holiday traditions change over time. While you may be let down if you can't do everything you used to do, find pleasure in making and sharing new customs

4.Make room for sadness... I may draw the line here "There's no crying in baseball"
The holidays are a time where you may reflect on losing a loved one or sad memories. It's ok to be sad but I think you should take this time to reflect on all the Happy memories and good times.

5. Stick to your Budget... I am trying
It's hard but you don't have to buy store bought gifts... You can make gifts from the heart they mean the most anyways.

6. Seek Help If you need it... I think we can all be better at this
If everyone pitches in when needed, it will help lessen stress.

I hope these help... Do you have any Holiday Tips? Feel free to share! Only 11 more shipping days! Deep breaths!!!! ;) Xo

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I agree with all your tips! Maybe a good one to add is be Thankful you're alive to "stress over the holidays" :) Oh, and make sure to Tell Someone You love that you Love them!. . .and mean it :)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Great tips! I'm doing less giving this year ....giving the gift of time. Spending and enjoying quality time with friends and family.

Erin said...

Get a massage :) Or go sailing for 10 days in the BVI's. Those are my tips!

Aimee said...

My tip...just go on a cruise! ;)