Monday, September 20, 2010

Kate Sneddon



This month's Hero of Hope Living with CF, Kate Sneddon, 16, is an exceptional teen who is balanced, positive and compliant with all treatments that her chronic disease of cystic fibrosis demands. She was named a Hero of Hope, not only because of her dedication to her health, but also because of her academic, community service and athletic accomplishments. She is also an excellent student with an "A" average, a talented artist that has displayed artwork regionally, a dedicated volunteer for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and a hardworking athlete in several sports.

"I wouldn't call myself a super teen by any means, but I strive to do my best so that I can be proud of everything that I do," said Kate. "In a way, CF has given me perspective. I'm not glad that I have CF, but it's helped me to be glad for what I have versus wanting what I don't have."

Heroes of Hope™ Living with CF recognizes individuals with cystic fibrosis (CF) who live full and productive lives while managing their healthcare needs.  To date, Heroes of Hope has honored over 70 outstanding individuals with CF around the United States.  Heroes of Hope recipients inspire others through their outstanding accomplishments, dedication to health maintenance and contributions to their communities. To learn more about Kate, go here  www.HeroesofHope.com.

To nominate your hero click here


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shes my sister and i love her she really is a superteen no matter what she says.........I LUV HER