Friday, November 22, 2013

FTTT

Face Time/Treatment Time

So I've wanted to start this mentoring program for quite some time. I finally implemented it the other night with Drae. I'm not sure who had more fun, Drae or I. 

She is so cute, she was doing everything I was doing. She would take big breaths when I told her to, she would cough when I coughed, she even spit in a cup when I did. 

I think it's so great for the littles to see someone else doing a treatment too. They don't have a chance to see that, so I think FTTT is going to be a great chance for them not to feel so isolated. 

If I can help them take bigger breaths or spit out mucus, well then to me it will be a successful day! 

Drae says we are BFFs and she thinks its pretty cool that I have Cystic Fibrosis too.

 


3 comments:

Cheriz said...

I love this, what a great idea! I'd be a horrible treatment partner though. My trachea is abnormally small and I can't spit anything out. I have to swallow instead, so don't want to teach others that. BUT LOVE this blog post! It really is amazing!

Nikki Jones said...

This is such a cool idea, Somer!!! :)

emily. said...

I think this is a brilliant idea! I'd be happy to be part of a program like this if you need more mentors (or mentees for that matter!). I'm sure there's plenty we could all learn from each other :)