Friday, February 17, 2017

Surviving Is My Reality



"And so she breathed through her life as if it were a battlefield and wished that one day she would actually live, and not just survive."


This quote is so fitting. CF is my battlefield I will tell you that surviving this battlefield is no easy feat! Today my CF apt was loooonnnggg and a lil bit draining to say the least. My mind is always on overload after appointments like today. I truly am in awe and so very grateful for this body of mine, it seriously amazes me everyday at how hard it works just to survive. 

My lungs are on a slow but steady decline. Seeing loss in lung function and facing the reality of what percentage of lung power I have left can be somewhat discouraging. However, I try not to focus on the numbers too much... it's easier said than done, but the mind can be a powerful healing tool. I have one month to turn these numbers around or I'll be joint bound. Until then I will continue to breathe through my battlefield and do everything in my power to survive because surviving is my reality and I have to be ok with that. 
Breathe out Love! Xo❤

No comments: