Monday, February 21, 2011

Kathleen Burke


Heroes of Hope Panel member and cystic fibrosis (CF) advocate Isabel Stenzel Byrnes sat down with our newest Hero with CF, Kathleen Burke, 20, to listen to her story and hear how she has been successful in balancing schoolwork as a junior at Drew University, volunteering, her theater classes and taking care of herself. Kathleen is being recognized for her attitude and many theater accomplishments, including winning the Young Rep Outstanding Senior Award in 2008 and the 2010 Robert Oxnam President’s Playwriting Award.
Isa: I’m so excited to talk to you and learn about your amazing, full life. Can you describe for me a typical day for you in college?
Kathleen: I am theater major in college, and so I go to rehearsal daily, and I spend time writing plays. I’m in a show right now so pretty much my schedule is like one long “to do” list: do treatment, go to class, go to rehearsal, do treatment, do homework, eat, go to class, go to rehearsal, do treatment, go to bed. Our rehearsals are 4 hours a night everyday through Tuesday-Friday and 6 hours on Saturday and Sunday. That’s all I have time for, but I’m really enjoying being so busy.
To read more of this fabulous interview click HERE

To nominate your hero click HERE

No comments: