Thursday, May 1, 2014

CF Awareness Month

My "Operation Ditch the Leash" painting.   

May is Cystic Fibrosis awareness month and it just happens to be my Birthday month...coincidence?! I think not!! 

So please join me and let's make everyone aware...CF needs a cure!! CF is a genetic disease that primarily affects the lungs and the digestive system. It causes your body to produce a thick sticky mucus. The mucus builds up in the lungs and can lead to life threatening lung infections. Notice the mucus in my painting. 

A CFers day consists of hours of breathing treatments, airway clearance, exercise, and handfuls of pills to try and stay healthy. We will continue to do our part until that day when CF stands for CURE FOUND!! Breathe out love! Xo


1 comment:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Picture is perfect Somer! Happy Birthday month....what this years saying???