Friday, September 18, 2009

B O R E D !!!

TGIF, although weekends in the joint are pretty boring....

I am staying the full 2 wks. Thank goodness for my visitors, internet and magazines!

I blew after 1 week and blew a 38!! Woop Woop highest since sometime in 07. My workouts in here are going great and I even ventured to the stair stepper. I did 3 min on it yesterday with my heart rate at 171 and my 02 at 92 on 3 liters. My goal is to do 10 min by the time I bust out. I did 6 min today so I think I will accomplish my goal.

Yesterday I had a the pleasure of having coffee at the starbucks here with Dr Bob Beall the president of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. What an amazing man, he is an inspiration and is so dedicated to finding that cure. His wife is now the proud owner of a Love to Breathe necklace. There are so many great things headed our way. There are over 30 drugs in the pipeline, which is so promising for all.

Thank you to everyone that has sent me cards and care packages. I appreciate it more than you know~
Have a great weekend!
Xo
Somer



Photo booth is always a great way to kill some time :)

13 comments:

Jess said...

Yay on the PFT's! Glad you got to enjoy some coffee too with such an inspirational person, that's awesome!! Hope the time flies by and you are home soon. Feel better!!! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on blowing the roof off those PFTs!!

Man, you must be pulling some major weight down there to be able to have coffee with THE Dr. Beall. Put in a good word for me :)

Ronnie

OceanDesert said...

AWESOME pft!!!! How NICE to have a Starbucks in the 'joint??!' ... and even nicer to have a coffee break with an amazing person!!!

Are you able to do your Tracy Dvd in there? That would be waay cool for a change of pace...

Jordan & Kara said...

Thats awesome that you were able to meet with Bob Beall! Teresa was telling me about some neat studies that are very promising, so that is exciting!! Sorry we missed out on our Sushi and Starbucks on Thursday! I totally feel asleep at 3:00 and didnt wake up until 5:45! I cant remember the last time I took a good nap like that:) But I get out on Tuesday so we will have to try and go before that:)

Aspiemom said...

Wow, two weeks in the slammer - that WOULD be very boring! How's the bed? I had a VERY comfortable one last time!

Great job on the PFT's and the workouts and way cool who you got to have coffee with. How did that come about?

Erin said...

Thank goodness for PhotoBooth. What would you do without it!

Cara said...

You are so cute Som! You are definitely rocking the heart shades. :)

Very cool that you were able to have coffee with Dr. Beall, you CF celebrity!

So your "little something" is sitting here staring at me. I suck for not mailing it out sooner, but this week has just been super crazy. I think I'll mail it to your house so that you will have a little homecoming gift when you bust out of the joint. :)

niki36 said...

Great job on the PFT's! Also I love your room decorations...sooo cute =)

That is awesome that you got to have coffee with Dr. Beall!! All of those meds and studies sound very promising.

Hope your 2 weeks go by quickly.

xo

~nicole

Kellee said...

Your so funny!! I just LOVE you!!
Kuddos to you for blowing good!!
xoxox

Aimee said...

Congrats on the PFTs :)
And that's really awesome you got to get coffee with Dr. Beall!

I think it's lame that the hospital/CF clinic doesn't do pulmonary rehab for CF patients. When I asked them about it the first time I was in the joint that looked at me funny. I think though I am going to start pushing for it. They are all about us walking around but the hospital is small and so are the grounds.

Anyways hope the rest of your time in there isn't too boring. I heard Kara is in there. And Heather will be on Tuesday. I hope you all start feeling better!

Lissa said...

I'm so sorry we can't visit!

I have three words for your boredom: Farkle on Facebook. The time flies!! It's an actual game, not a lame virtual life thing.

http://apps.facebook.com/hotdices/

Unknown said...

Hi!!! LOve reading your blog! So proud of you and your spirit inspires me so much!! YOu rock! Hope all is well with family! Come see us in NEW york soon!!! HEading out with the sis's to party in germany! You're always in our thoughts! HAng in ! Love the pics too!! Mary Moskal Allain

Leah said...

Will you send me your mailing address there? Either on email or facebook is fine. Thanks!