Wednesday, September 9, 2009

long day...

Ugh! I am so sleepy I can't believe it's only 7 pm... My eyes feel like I have been in Chlorinated water all day with them wide open. It could have something to do with me scrubbing my room down with those mega duty sani wipes, you name it it was scrubbed. I have my own pulse ox so I don't have to use the one everyone else does. Being the germ warrior I am I got hooked up with my very own stethoscope and blood pressure cuff life is good. :)

Im all settled and the room 2602 has been transformed into a mini Hollywood

I have Rodeo Drive on my left and Hollywood Blvd in front of me and Vine street on the right ;)

So The University of Utah is SO fancy now (they have been remodeling for 3 or 4 years) we have escalators and apparently the cafeteria hosts a different restaurant every day. Tomorrow is sushi from Asian Star so I can hardly wait I will let ya know if it's any good. Ill post pics tomorrow of my lil Hollywood and whatever else I find fascinating. There is a starbucks in the lobby too, so I am set!

The Thipple is accessed and the drugs are flowing. Killing mucus left and right :) Thanks for all your well wishes!

My poor babies haven't eaten a thing today they know their mommy is in the joint :( I talked to them on the speaker phone and poor Osc was running around freaking out trying to find me. Breaks my heart! I miss them already! Their with their daddy so they are in good hands it just takes them time to adjust.

I got my drug schedule all worked out so complicated... my sched is 5am 1pm and 9 pm and another drug every 12hrs at 8 and 8. Vitamins at 11 and 7 so they don't interfere with Cipro. 4 breathing treatments a day, Rehab is at 9 am so I will be hitting the treadmill bright and early not to mention a blood draw at 7 am, so I am sure it will be a sleepless night...

Thank goodness for the internet and my visitors to keep me sane! Xo

16 comments:

Mandy said...

Thinking of you! I know we've never spoken, but I read your blog all the time! I stumbled across your blog one day after buying a Live, Love Breath necklace. Anyway, a bunch of positive energy coming your way!
~Mandy

Sonja said...

Sounds like you are going to be kept busy while you are there. Just as long as they get all those bugs killed off. That's all that matters. My husband is going on 11months without being in the hospital. We keep knocking on wood at each clinic visit. I'll be thinking about you.

By the way, I've been reading your blog for a long time....and enjoy it so much. Don't know why I haven't commented before now.
((hugs))
Sonja

OceanDesert said...

Sounds like you are ALL set!!! I am very impressed with all they offer there!! Let us know how the sushi is and be sure to take pix of your room all decorated!!!

Erin said...

That would make me sleepy by 7pm also!!! I hope staying in Hollywood makes the days go by a bit faster!

And the joint sounds very fancy these days -- sushi and escalators!

Love you Cuz!

B, E and C's Mommy said...

I am going to appoint you President of my bedrest/hospital stay decorating committee! You leave no details behind! I'm thinking of you and it is my goal to have a package delivered to you in the joint!!! Love you Cyster!!!
Ang

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see pictures!

What drugs do they have you on if you don't mind me asking?

Ronnie

Katelyn said...

I'm excited to see your decorated hospital room!! Get well soon!

Emilee said...

UGH!!! You make me want to stay from that place for quite sometime. I'm hoping I can for at least 6 months longer:) Let me know about the cafeteria though, that sounds fabulous. I hate the 5-1-9 schedule. Once they wake me at 5 to change meds I cant get back to sleep. Hope you have better luck:) I cant wait to see the pics of your room.

Afton or Brooke said...

Sounds like a day at the spa to me. LOL! Just kidding. Steph and I are coming to visit you tonight, save us some asian star!

zenmasterlars said...

we are thinkin' about ya while you are in the joint! wish you lived closer---I know mitzu would love pug guests!!! :) xoxoxoxo many hugs!

Formerly known as Frau said...

I'm glad there is a "bucks" within your reach! I wish we could visit and help pass the time with you. Hope all goes well you are in our thoughts.
xo

Miller Time said...

Thinking of you! Mmmmmm....sushi AND Starbucks! You will need some caffeine to get you started on that daily schedule!

Aimee said...

Wow sounds like the U has stepped up it's game! haha
And I like the idea of them hosting a different restaurant everyday, hopefully the sushi is tasty :) And I so miss having a Starbucks in my hossy!

I also hate that my hospital out here doesn't do rehab. Maybe I need to start pushing for it!

Sounds like you are getting settled and I can't wait to see the pics! Feel better soon and you will be home to your babies in no time :)

Leah said...

Hi Somer, I am so sorry to hear you are back in the joint. I hope it is a quick, uneventful stay and everything goes better than you can imagine!! Hugs from Colorado, and pugs hugs and kisses to Lilly and Oscar from my Oscar and Daisy!! From one Oscar and one flower to another!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

your room looks great! Love it!
Ill be tinking of you ( as always) if you get bored just call me!

Unknown said...

Hey Somer, It's Nikki, somehow signed in as my sister? Shocker....your room looks amazing! Prayers, x's and o's from Ohio. Stay strong!