So if you are a Cystic Life member then you have had the pleasure of reading the 12 days of Christmas posts that some CF warriors are posting. I was honored that Ronnie asked me to post.
If you are not a member of Cystic Life... I am not sure what you are waiting for, DO IT!!
My post was the 3rd day this is what I wrote...
Is it just me or are the years getting shorter and shorter? Or is it that they are just starting the Christmas cheer earlier and earlier? Don’t get me wrong I love the holidays as much as the next person. But what I can’t stop thinking about is that with the Holiday cheer comes the ever so dreaded flu and cold season.
I guess I should introduce myself for those of you that don’t know me. My name is Somer Love. I try to live each day to the fullest by keeping my hope high and dreams big!! I am a 31-year-old adult living with , and I am an active advocate in the CF community. I make it a priority to raise awareness and help educate everyone on CF. Being diagnosed at 11 months old I was unable to make my own decisions. However, I am fortunate enough to have fabulous parents who chose to help fight my disease. When I was old enough I adopted my parents philosophy and joined the fight. I have a blog and update it often. Come join my fight over at LovetoBreathe.com
I am so thankful for the opportunity to be a part of this newsletter. I want to share with you some tips that I do daily to rid my body of any airborne ailment that may have found its way in despite my best efforts. I do these all daily and swear by them:
1. Of course we all know the power of clean hands. Use soap and water when you can and when that isn’t available then a little hand sanitizer goes a long way. I have that stuff everywhere; coat pockets, handbags, car, every room in the house…. You get the picture.
2. At the end of every day, I gargle with hot salt water, and I also do a sinus rinse. This prevents any bug from proliferating and settling in.
3. Drinking hot liquids can also knock any germs loose and send them down into your stomach where they cannot survive.
4. Try not to touch your face. If you have an itch use the inside of your shirt or sweatshirt, that’s what I do.
5. And last, but not least, some say dogs are a man’s best friend and trust me its true. I love my babies! However, during flu and cold season vitamins are also man’s best friends. You can get Vitamins through supplements or vitamin-rich foods, like fruit and veggies. So stock up and eat healthy.
Wishing you all a HAPPY and VERY HEALTHY Holiday season!