Monday, July 18, 2011

An unmade bed may help you breathe easier...

So I saw this the other day on FB and I was so excited to see it. I hardly ever make my bed, maybe its because of all the years that I HAD to make it. I really just don't see the point!! I mean you are just going to get right back in it later, and if you're like me and need that afternoon nap well then thats even more reason not to make your bed.

An unmade bed may help you breathe easier... A study suggests that microscopic dust mites -implicated in some respiratory problems- are less likely to survive in unmade beds; exposure to air dehydrates the creatures. But warmth and moisture trapped in smooth sheets may help dusts mites thrive.

Reason enough for me to probably never make my bed again ;)

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Love this! I never make our bed either! My husband and I don't share blankets, it saves us fighting over them! So making the bed is a pain, because when we go to bed we have to separate all the blankets again! Now I have another excuse not to make it!

Mistie said...

lol. perfect. thanks for another reason for me to justify it now.

Erin said...

Hah! I knew there was a good reason for not making mine. Okay, I make it maybe once a week, and that's only because I only use a duvet with a cover and it's simple to whip out on the bed.

amybraid said...

Peter told me something similar to this a few months ago. We never make our bed for the reasons you posted! POINTLESS!!!!

Formerly known as Frau said...

love it sign me up! I hate making my bed!