I'm as ready as I can get!
Elbows!!!! Its elbow time not to be confused with Hammer time ;) So when you go to hug or shake someone's hands try giving them Bows!!! Especially if you are feeling under the weather!
I stocked up on Purell... I have it in my handbag, coat pocket, car, and throughout my house.
Got my Flu shot! (remember your flu shot takes 2 weeks to start working so think about getting it soon)
Some Things that I do to help keep me healthy that I swear by...
1. Frequent hand-washing, when you can't wash Purell!!
2. "Hands-off-the-face" approach. Resist all temptations to touch any part of face. If I have a itch I will use the inside of my shirt to itch it or a tissue.
3. Gargle with warm salt water.... I always gargle at the end of every night. Simple gargling prevents proliferation. In a way, gargling with warm salt water has the same effect on a healthy individual that Tamiflu has on an infected one. Don't underestimate this simple, inexpensive and powerful preventative method.
4. A daily sinus rinse... Again I always do mine before I start my nightly treatments. I use a packet per nostril! Similar to 3 above, salt water is very effective In bringing down viral population.
5. Boost your natural immunity with foods that are rich in Vit C and D or take a vit C and D supplement. I take many vitamins I think its very important to keep up on all your vitamin levels so you can stay healthy.
6. Drink as much warm liquids as you can. This is a pretty easy step I love my Starbucks!!! Some yummy examples and some of my favs are coffee, hot choc, tea, or a hot chai. Drinking warm liquids has the same effect as gargling, but in the reverse direction. They wash off proliferating viruses from the throat into the stomach where they cannot survive.
I'd love to hear more tips if you guys have any.
Stay healthy this winter and please if you're sick stay home!!! I can guarantee you no one wants your boogs! Xo