Thursday, November 13, 2014

Love To Breathe Tokens

Louisiana....✔                               
 
I had the most amazing story sent to me yesterday from my friend Natalie...                                     

We brought Love To Breathe™ to Louisiana, looking for the perfect situation to leave a token behind. We found it today in Bill, a man who decided not to evacuate when Katrina came. By the time he was evacuated to safety, the flood waters were up to his shoulders. He helped get woman, children and non-swimmers into the boat before he climbed aboard. He was told that he was being evacuated to a safety shelter. That shelter turned out to be the Superdome, someplace far from safe. The roof collapsed, there was no power. Gangs operated inside. He didn't sleep for five days for fear of being killed in his sleep. He couldn't leave...anyone who left would be shot by the military as a looter. He was imprisoned. When buses finally came to take people to neighboring states, pandemonium broke out. Pushing, shoving, trampling. He truly believed that this is how he would die. He survived and is haunted by his experience. We felt that this man needed to be given love and to be reminded that each breath is a gift.... 

I love this story so much,  as I read it it brought tears to my eyes. This is why I created the Love To Breathe Tokens, I hope Bill keeps his token close.... what an amazing guy. 

Thank you Natalie for finding him, although Im pretty sure he found you! 

Breathe out Love! Xo❤ 






No comments: