Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sofia Levy


This month's Hero of Hope Living with CF, Sofia Levy, age 17, is truly an inspiration to young people her age. Having recently been diagnosed with cystic fibrosis related diabetes, Sofia saw it as an opportunity to reacquaint herself with the CF community and not let it affect her life in any way. Sofia is currently finishing up her last year in high school andapplying to colleges. She has her eye set out on one, but knows she will be happy with whatever university she ends up attending. Having been exposed to medicine all her life, Sofia dreams of becoming a pediatric nurse one day because she knows she can bring a lot of life experience to the profession. Sofia plans on dedicating her life to helping other people and believes her experiences are best suited to that nature.

"Having CF hasn't always been easy for me and I struggled saying it out loud. Now that I am applying to college, I've come to the realization that this is who I am, there is no escaping CF. I was really stressed about going away to college and having a roommate and just living a very out in the open lifestyle. I have come to a point in my life now where I am very comfortable with having CF because this is a huge part of me and will only help people better understand who I am and where I've come from."

To read more about Sofia click HERE

To nominate your hero click HERE

No comments: