My Dad sent me this e mail I thought it was interesting and had some good points...
1. Frequent hand-washing (well highlighted in all official communications).
2. "Hands-off-the-face" approach. Resist all temptations to touch any part of face
3. Gargle twice a day with warm salt water (use Listerine if you don't trust salt). H1N1 takes 2-3 days after initial infection in the throat/nasal cavity to proliferate And show characteristic symptoms. Simple gargling prevents proliferation. In a way, gargling with salt water has the same effect on a healthy individual that Tamiflu has on an infected one. Don't underestimate this simple, inexpensive and Powerful preventative method.
4. Similar to 3 above, clean your nostrils at least once every day with warm salt Water. Not everybody may be good at Jala Neti or Sutra Neti (very good Yoga Asanas to clean nasal cavities), but blowing the nose hard once a day and Swabbing both nostrils with cotton buds dipped in warm salt water is very effective In bringing down viral population.
5. Boost your natural immunity with foods that are rich in Vitamin C. If you have To supplement with Vitamin C tablets, make sure that it also has Zinc to boost Absorption.
6. Drink as much of warm liquids as you can. Drinking warm liquids has the same Effect as gargling, but in the reverse direction. They wash off proliferating viruses From the throat into the stomach where they cannot survive, proliferate or do any Harm.
I try to live each day to the fullest by keeping my hopes high, and dreams big!! I think it is important to LOVE as long as you LIVE, and LAUGH as much as you BREATHE!! I am a 38 year old living with Cystic Fibrosis, and an active advocate in the CF community. I make it a priority to raise awareness and help educate everyone on CF. Being diagnosed at 11 months old I was unable to make my own decisions. However, I am fortunate enough to have fabulous parents who chose to help fight my disease. When I was old enough I adopted my parents philosophy and joined the fight. This is my fight.....