Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Brad Johns




This month's Hero of Hope Living with CF, Brad Johns, age 39, is an extraordinary man who was diagnosed with CF when he was a young boy. Living with CF all his life, Brad has a positive attitude that helps him overcome any obstacle. Brad is a hardworking teacher who is currently working on his doctorate in education. Working to further his education, Brad stays on top of his treatments with the support from his loving family. Never allowing CF to get in his way, Brad has accomplished so much throughout his life and has no plans on slowing down.

"Now that I am 39-years-old, I make sure I stay on top of my treatments so that I can lead the healthiest life possible. I would tell someone my age that it is important to have a positive attitude and keep focusing on the right things that keep you staying well. I always tell people to be more productive in life so that they can keep their body healthy. You have to find the time to do your treatments and get into that routine and stick with it each and every day. I don't necessarily like sitting with my vest on and doing my breathing treatments while my kids are playing in the house, but I have to remind myself that if I don't do my  treatments than I'm not only cheating myself, but I'm cheating my family."

To read more about Brad Click Here

To nominate your Hero Click Here

1 comment:

Formerly known as Frau said...

What an amazing man and teacher!