Sunday, January 10, 2010

so thick I can taste it...

See that lovely red spot of unhealthy air the only one in the United States...

Well I just so happen to live there... The Air is horrific here!!!

It is so thick you can taste it and it's nasty!

The twins are not happy...

Here is why our air is SH!T~

Inversions occur during winter months when normal conditions (cool air above, warm air below) are inverted. Inversions trap a dense layer of cold air under a layer of warm air. They act much like a lid, trapping pollutants within the cold air near the valley floor. The Wasatch Front valleys and their surrounding mountains act much like a pot, holding the air in the valleys. The longer the inversion lasts, the stronger the pollutants concentrate within it. Visibility often deteriorates well in advance of harmful concentrations of pollutants.

To read more on the Utah inversions click here

To check out the air quality where you live click here

As for now I am on house arrest and praying for snow!! I wish I could blink my eyes and be on the beach in Maui!

11 comments:

Misha said...

I'm so sorry. I bet you're going stir crazy. I hope the air is better soon, I know it's hard enough to breathe with clean air :(

OceanDesert said...

3 words, Cys...

Come to Arizona :)

Seriously.. get outta there.. it's GORGEOUS down here right now!

Mistie said...

so sorry Som! Whenever i hear the bad air quality details on the news- i think of you! I should come visit you this week while you are indoors...i will call!

Erin said...

I guess that means you should just move to Boston?!?!

Miller Time said...

I can't believe our air quality! It really is disgusting. On the news last night SLC was rated #1 for the worst air in the nation! Oh, and I live above the inversion so come visit me and stay a while (puppies welcome too)!

Emilee said...

You need to move down by me, we are clean and clear and under control:) I am so glad I moved out of the city! Good Luck!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Sucks it's still around....Head to AZ stay with C&H! Get in your car and drive away from the gunk.

Jenny Livingston said...

I was just at clinic last week and Dr. Carveth asked me if we get inversion down here... it actually took me a minute to realize what she was talking about. I'm lucky enough to only have to deal with it when I head up to the good ol' U of U.

Here's to hoping for cleaner air!!!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

awee...sorry Somer, maybe you should come see in in New England...Looks like New Hampshire has better air conditions...we'd love to have you and the Fur babies!

your package should arrive tomorrow....( so my UPS receipt says)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I never knew Utah's air quality was that bad. I figured everything just froze in the sky since it gets cold there. HA! That's what it does here in Michigan. LMBO.

Don't you wish that would occur, all the junk in the air would freeze.

Jesse

PS I deleted my other post because I forgot to put my name. Sorry.