Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lills update

DAMN!!! The C word is back :(

I knew it too. Why I don't just skip that step and go right to scheduling surgery is beyond me. She has two new spots they are pretty close together and again I caught them early so they can be removed with one incision rather than two. They will only have to sedate her and use a block rather then put her all the way under, which is good since she doesn't do well with anesthesia.

It really just breaks my heart but I am catching them early and she is a fighter. Her doc said she can still have a long normal life which is what I needed to hear.

I did ask him why she kept getting these mast cell tumors and he said that it was genetic, and that she just has a defective gene that causes them. It was like a light bulb went off... I told him we knew lots about defective genes and told him she might just get that one from me ;) Then I told him she is a fighter and she will indeed kick cancer's butt!

She turns 6 on Mon so I will prob schedule it after that, no one should have to have surgery around their bday.

7 comments:

Jenny Livingston said...

You're such a good mama, Somer. The babies are so lucky to have you!

Josh said...

Poor little pupper. Glad you are catching things early. Feel better, Lills!

Peaceful things and lots of love.

Emilee said...

Stupid defective genes! It's good she has a good mama like you to catch the cancer early. I hope her surgery goes good.

Formerly known as Frau said...

I'm sorry but your right she takes after her Momma she's a fighter!


Happy St. Patty's Day! xo

Dana said...

Wishing a speedy recovery!! Your babies are precious :)

Leah said...

Poor Lills. :( So glad you caught it early. Keep us posted! LOVE her St Patty's hat!!

Mistie said...

poor lils. sorry to hear. but happy you are so on top of it all.
best of luck!